American advertising awards
2017 DISTRICT 5 AMERICAN ADVERTISING AWARDS
Congratulations to all District 5 winners and entrants that participated!
We are so impressed with the dedication and talent from our district and you are an inspiration to us all.
Good luck at Nationals!
2017 DISTRICT 5 AMERICAN ADVERTISING AWARDS SHOWS
KEY POINTS FOR ENTRY SUBMISSION
1. Do not use any type of packing peanuts or paper shredding. If you are concerned about your entries traveling well, simply use a layer of bubble wrap or something similar and place them in a well-constructed shipping container.
2. All campaigns must be bundled and shipped together as one unit, in one envelope. Mixed media winners need to be batched together in one envelope as well.
3. PLEASE PLACE YOUR WINNING ENTRIES IN ASCENDING ORDER BY CATEGORY AND IN NUMERICAL ORDER WITHIN EACH CATEGORY.
4. Please make sure there are no color bars or slates on the TV spots. They will be automatically disqualified if it is not a clean copy.
5. Mark the outside of your shipping boxes with the city name of your club as well as “1 of 3”, “2 of 3”, etc.
6. Don’t forget to include your manifest form along with your check.
7. All Gold ADDY winners from local competitions must be auto-forwarded to District 5 for the District-level competition. This is not optional. Silver winners are also eligible to compete and entrants should be encouraged to forward their work to the District level. Your club should administer the forwarding of these optional entries upon your receipt of payment.
8. Only work that has won a Gold or Silver ADDY in a local ADDY awards competition will be eligible for entry into the District competition.
9. All AAF competition, envelope packaging, and category formats will apply in the District 5 competition.
10. Any winners from categories your local competition has created must be reclassified into AAF-sanctioned categories before being forwarded to the District level. If reclassification is not possible, the entries are not eligible for further levels of the competition.
11. Please remember that categories created by your local club are not eligible to be forwarded unless they are reclassified into a recognized category.
12. All local club dues must be current with District 5 in order to forward entries.
A TIP FOR LOCAL CHAPTERS:
To boost participation in the District 5 ADDY Awards, please add a personal note of encouragement to your Silver award winners asking them to enter work that you, the club, do not automatically forward. Your club, however, must administer the forwarding of the entries.
Questions/Inquiries:Dave Ballengee, D5 AAA chair